Hyper growth Unicorn Late Stage Pre-IPO Technology Company is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant for their team. This position will handle a wide range of revenue recognition functions for the company under the Revenue Manager and be involved in a lot of growth initiatives. Excellent opportunity for growth and making an impact. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of either public accounting experience or industry experience in revenue in a tech company environment. ASC 606 experience required. Please apply for further consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Revenue Accountant
This role will report to the Revenue Manager and will be part of a team that is critical to the company's month end close process and reporting function. In this challenging role, you will improve efficiency of close processes, work cross-functionally with legal, sales, corporate accounting and finance to develop and enhance internal revenue systems, take ownership in management of key revenue controls and policy, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization. Revenue Accountant will work on:
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis, and reviewing various journal entries of finance team members
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or enhancements, and support new product launches to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately
- Heavily involved in drafting accounting requirements for non-standard contracts, new products, new customer types, etc.
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Identify opportunities for outsourcing and work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, business operations, and sales operations on a variety of projects
- Support external audit requirements
- Assist in financial reporting during the month-end close process
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years professional Accounting or Finance experience; Public accounting background is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data require
- Experience with management of external consultants and shared services
- Experience with drafting business requirements and collaborating with Finance Engineering teams on internal accounting systems a plus
- Experience with Netsuite or other large financial systems
skills: Revenue Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.