Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting
Large global technology company in San Francisco currently seeking a Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting for their accounting & finance team. This role will report to the Controller and manage all aspects of revenue recognition for the company and lead a team of accountants. Client is looking for someone that is proactive and always looking to automate and streamline as they scale and grow the business and work more efficient. Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of experience within Revenue Recognition and Accounting or public accounting or some type of combination of experience. Please apply for further consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting
We are looking for an experienced manager to oversee our revenue accounting team and ensure the financial integrity of multiple revenue streams. This is a cross-functional role requiring effective collaboration, communication as well as a proactive approach to gathering key data and providing insight to guide the treatment of new revenue initiatives and improvement to existing procedures. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Controller. Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Revenue Accounting team, in partnership with the Controller, to ensure optimization of procedures and processes in place to produce timely and accurate financial information for management and external reporting purposes.
- Support accounting solutions for multiple revenue streams.
- Review and summarize customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards. Draft white-papers detailing accounting treatment of unique agreements.
- Partner with Legal department and business teams to interpret complex or unique contract provisions or new revenue initiatives. Research and document accounting issues and recommend solutions for complex transactions as needed.
- Drive the monthly close process; coordinate with other teams to ensure timely recording of transactions and the completeness and accuracy of financial statements.
- Prepare timely internal and external financial reporting, flux analyses and account reconciliations.
- Support internal and external audits. Coordinate the accounting teams to prepare and provide materials for audits.
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends that may impact the company.
- Work as liaison with project teams to develop or improve finance solutions, including the design and review of IT systems.
- Lead the team to create and maintain financial performance metrics. Communicate the metrics and financial analysis to stakeholders to support business decision.
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop teams of professionals. Advocate for an environment of continued professional development and teamwork.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 8+ years of experience in progressive roles, leading and building an accounting organization. Minimum 3 years in a management capacity.
- Experience with contract review/interpretation is preferred.
- Experience managing critical projects such as system implementations, ERP system enhancements, and system upgrades.
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy.
- Strong understanding of process and operations in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong quantitative analysis skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex financial data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to partner productively in a cross-functional capacity.
skills: Revenue Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.