Senior Revenue Accountant
Global multi-billion dollar Technology company in San Francisco is currently seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant for their team. This position will support a division with their full scope revenue recognition functions from deal analysis, contract revenue, revenue accounting, analysis and reporting functions. Qualified candidates will have 3-5+ years of revenue recognition/accounting experience within a technology company or public accounting experience. Please apply directly for further consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles. This is a cross-functional role requiring effective collaboration, communication as well as a proactive approach to gathering key data and providing insight to guide the treatment of new revenue initiatives and improvement to existing procedures. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and support revenue streams and associated costs business unit.
- Evaluate and interpret new revenue initiatives for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards. Research and document accounting issues and recommend solutions for complex transactions as needed.
- Plan, develop and implement effective operational accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving business requirements and industry trends that may impact the supported revenue streams.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, billing, and collections.
- Validate sales report for completeness and accuracy. Reconcile sales data with payment statements. Identify discrepancies, analyze root cause and develop solutions.
- Provide detailed flux and variance analysis on a monthly basis. Identify unusual trends and communicate findings to management.
- Support internal and external audits and provide detailed transaction level reconciliations when required.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of systems and processes to support the accounting and reporting for related to specific areas of responsibility including revenue, other aspects of the book to collect cycle, costing accounting and financial reporting.
- Create and maintain financial performance metrics. Communicate the metrics and financial analysis to stakeholders for business decision making.
- Foster integrated relationship with business partners and support business need.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3-5+ years combined experience in corporate accounting, or with a public accounting firm.
- Strong understanding of process and operations in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong quantitative analysis skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex financial data.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Identify areas of operations efficiency on an on-going basis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
skills: Revenue Recognition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.