Tri-Valley based publicly traded company is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support the corporate accounting team with a variety of general ledger functions, variance analysis, month-end close, consolidated financial statements, etc. Excellent opportunity for growth and development. Qualified candidates will have 3-5+ years of public accounting OR industry experience with public company exposure. Please apply for further consideration.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
You will perform the activities of a corporate accountant engaged in preparing, compiling and maintaining consolidated financial accounting records and reports to ensure that the financial position of the company is fairly and accurately represented in accordance with GAAP.
* Handle the accounting for several of the Company's International divisions
* Handle accounting for corporate entities, including monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and consolidation
* Continually communicate with regional controllers to ensure a great partnership between corporate accounting and our six regions around the country and Canada
* Prepare stock compensation journal entries and reporting
* Review & evaluate monthly financial packages submitted by the various divisions to the corporate office
* Review analyses of activities, costs, and forecast data of all divisions to determine divisions' progress toward stated goals and objectives
* Participate in the coordination and preparation of financial schedules for the auditor's quarterly reviews and annual audit
* Assist in the monthly/quarterly preparation of reports needed for SOX compliance
* Analyze data to discover patterns and/or discrepancies
* Compile data/information for reports, cost estimates, assets reports, etc.
* Develop and revise operating procedures to improve for compliance and for efficient operations
* Research information as requested and/or needed
* Perform other tasks as required (e.g., potential due diligence on acquisitions, assistance in financial analysis for potential operational or corporate initiatives, special FP&A projects).
* BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and 3-5 years progressively responsible experience
* Ability to be flexible in dealing with changing priorities
* Ability to follow-through and react quickly to situations
* Ability to ensure confidentiality, take initiative and exercise considerable judgment
* Ability to confidently communicate with external auditors
* A strong understanding of GAAP
* Sarbanes Oxley experience is a big plus
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to answer questions in a professional and friendly manner
* Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, vlookup, etc)
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.