Randstad Professionals is currently searching for an experienced Staff Accountant
for a large financial institution here in Richmond, VA!
Do you have a college degree within Accounting? Do you have experience within an accounting department? This might be the opportunity for you!
Please send your updated resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
for immediate review and consideration.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Develops, implements, documents, and maintains accounting, internal controls, and administrative policies and procedures across the Accounting department
- Perform various financial reports, budgets, forecasting, and ad hock analysis.
- Special projects involving accounting research, technical accounting issues, and analysis of accounting systems.
- Create Journal Entries in General Ledger
- Month-End Close
- Invoice processing, preparation of the payment of vendors and subcontractors, expense reporting, credit card payment processing and other day to day Accounting functions
- Bachelor s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field, and 5-7 years experience; or equivalent combination of education
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and procedures
- Experience with business tax filings, tax reporting requirements and related processes
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Vlookups and Pivot Tables
- CPA certification is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.