This position is part of the Global Office Finance and Legal Department. The Manager of Donor Finance is responsible for our clients financial support for Business Development, including forecasting and reporting revenue performance and metrics to the executive team and the board of directors; managing donor proposals and reporting in an increasingly diverse donor portfolio; and implementing their grants lifecycle. The Manager works in close collaboration with the Development and Operations Departments and has one direct report. The position will report to the Associate Director of Reporting and Systems.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
Duties & Responsibilities:
Donor Finance & Compliance
- Improve and expand capability across the organization including developing the automation of core donor reporting using cloud-based budget software tool, Adaptive, capacity building among field finance and country office teams, and cross training of other finance team members on proposal development.
- Influence organizational behavioral change through improvement of the opportunity lifecycle from bid and proposal stage, to award, to close-out, through partnership with the Program Operations team; creation of new processes, clarity of roles and responsibilities, and development of tools for project managers and proposal teams.
- In partnership with the Development team, manage information resources and tools that support financial budgeting for grants. Collaborate with the Development team to reinforce a focus on areas of greatest fundraising need and organization efficiency in grants proposals and reporting.
- Support country offices and field finance team in their implementation of grants budgeting, reporting and performance analysis processes, particularly focusing on bilateral/multilateral grants. Partner with Accounting to ensure proper adoption of grants recording and reporting standards.
- Lead Indirect Cost Rate annual revision and manage the Single Audit for US government awards.
- Manage the Nexonia automated timekeeping system in partnership with accounting, ensuring its appropriate use and organization compliance.
- Standardize the view for multiyear gifts - revenue and cash - to provide project-based visibility to current year and total life cycle revenue
Planning & Budgeting
- Provide financial analysis and budget support to Development Team related to expense tracking
- Clean and integrate personnel inputs
- Gifts-in-Kind inputs for annual budget
- Lead project planning design in cloud-based software tool, Adaptive
- Partner with Development leadership in the development of the revenue projection for annual budget, time and segment phased
- Develop and promote analytic models that identify the organization's revenue drivers, quantify progress toward long term goals, and provide insight into trends and drivers in revenue performance vs. budget and Strategic Plan by market and channel.
- Collaborate with the Development team to reinforce a focus on areas of greatest fundraising need and organization efficiency in grants proposals and reporting.
- Propose and introduce important revenue analysis metrics into the budgeting and forecasting process.
To be successful in this position, you will also:
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support the CFO, CDO and CEO.
- Staff performance management (goal setting, performance feedback, professional development) of one direct report
- Other duties, as assigned
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
For immediate consideration, feel free to contact Michael Ahmadi at Michael.Ahmadi@randstadusa.com
- A Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience implementing processes and controls
- Expert skill levels in Excel, PowerPoint and Access, with VBA macro experience preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization, requiring flexibility and adaptability to changing organization priorities
- Ability to enforce policies as required while remaining flexible to the growing organization's needs
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people, including Sales/Development function
- Ability and desire to travel frequently internationally
- Prior experience working in a non-profit or governmental organization
- Prior experience designing financial reporting and building complex financial models using Excel or EPM tools
- Multi-Lateral/Bi-Lateral Grants budgeting experience
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Proven supervisory experience
- Experience with organizational behavioral change for process improvement and efficiency building
- General ledger knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Office at an expert level
- Ability to travel internationally if needed
- Experience using budgeting software and business intelligence tools
skills: Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.