job summary: Team Responsibilities:
The Firmwide Client Tax Operations TPG Team resides within the Client Tax Utility organization. The team works in partnership with Corporate Tax to drive common standards, a consistent view of risk, and common controls across the firm's corporate and lines of business ("LOB") indirect tax operations functions. The team will also drive synergies, best practices, and efficiencies across the groups. The team is responsible for:
- Driving minimum quality assurance (QA) standards, metrics, and consistency of procedures
- Partnering with the DPS Risk and Controls team to drive RCSA standardization for the firms client tax operations teams and
- Leading cross-LOB control programs to support the firm's regulatory obligations and attestations to the tax authorities
The Firmwide Client Tax Operations TPG Consultant will report to the TPG Cross LOB QA Program Manager and will work with a range of functions across the firm including: Corporate Tax, LOB Client Tax Operations, DPS Risk and Controls, Legal Entity Controllers, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Audit, and Technology to deliver on key operational, control, audit and other initiatives supporting firmwide client tax operations.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting, one or more of the following:
QA Testing / Operations
- Execute QA testing based on established QA program and the defined test scripts.
- Partner with Corporate Tax and stakeholder organizations to identify and address client tax-related issues resulting from QA testing.
- Develop and maintain a formal inventory of errors identified through QA testing and partner with LOBs to document remediation plans.
- Establish and maintain governance processes to monitor performance against key performance indicators to support the firm's regulatory obligations and attestation requirements at a line of business level.
- Utilize agreed upon sampling methodology to ensure minimum sample sizes are met and consistency is applied across LOBs.
- Assist with QA testing automation initiatives.
- Work with Corporate Tax and other internal control functions to ensure accurate and compliant tax onboarding and documentation (e.g., W-8, W-9, CRS self-certifications), withholding (e.g., FATCA, NRA, backup withholding) and reporting (e.g., FATCA/CRS, 1099, 1042-S)
- Ensure client tax-related processes and controls are appropriately executed via QA testing and tracked via defined metrics
- Support the identification and implementation of improvements to client tax processes and controls, including system implementations and/or enhancements partnering with the LOBs based on issues identified through QA testing.
- For issues identified through QA testing that result in process breaks, coordinate with 'process owner' on root cause analysis, resolution and documentation.
- Minimum of 1 year of tax information reporting and withholding (IRW) experience
- Experience in / knowledge of at least one of the following areas: tax form validation, withholding determinations, and year-end tax reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to focus and pay attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to respond quickly to critical business needs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work well with others under a tight deadline
- Desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Ability to plan, lead and execute projects in an efficient and effective manner
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with SharePoint and BI tools such as Tableau, with the ability to pick up new tools and applications quickly
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural and international environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; Master's Degree preferred (but not required)
- CPA certification - preferred (but not required)
skills: ADP Taxware
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.