An international executive search firm in Chicago is seeking a new Payroll Specialist to join their team. This individual will be responsible for the Americas region, which includes the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. They will work closely with members of the Human Resources department along with other key Finance personnel, including other regional payroll specialists globally.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manage the timely and accurate processing and disbursement of multi-state payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
- Review payroll for accuracy according to established controls prior to final submission.
- Preparing accounting transactions and documents, (must have G/L knowledge), documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for senior management.
- Reconciling payroll records on a quarterly and annual basis and managing any corrections that are necessary.
- Coordinating the investigation and response to any tax or payment inquiries.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Conduct research concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions.
- Performs periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepares materials for external or internal auditors.
- Researches laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.Supports global expansion and provides insight for 3rd party vendor(s) to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries.
- Communicates actively with Human Resources and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Supports management with audits, analysis, reports and special projects.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience; CPP designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in processing multi-state payroll, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Ceridian Dayforce experience preferred.
- Proven experience in providing highest levels of client service internally and externally.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
skills: Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.