A top Glastonbury area client is seeking an Accountant to handle day to day accounting and finance functions. This Accountant role will be involved in billing, recognizing review, cash management, general ledger analysis and reporting, taxes, forecasting and fixed assets.
Key qualities for the ideal candidate to possess include excellent communication skills, strong systems/software skills, intelligence and the ability to work with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
location: Glastonbury, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Monitors status of accumulated time and expenses on client jobs to insure that costs are promptly billed.
- Monitors and analyzes client budgets and estimates to determine future billing.
- Prepares daily cash report, monitoring bank balances and fraud controls, providing information to Accounting Manager and CFO.
- Enters client and other cash receipts received as checks or ACH reporting discrepancies to Accounting Manager.
- Prepares monthly client income and profitability analysis reports.
- Analyzes activity in select General Ledger expense and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares quarterly expense forecasting for select General Ledger accounts.
- Prepares monthly sales tax spreadsheet and assists Accounting Manager with sales and use tax reporting and return preparation.
- Acts as the Finance department's primary resource for Accounting Software issues.
- Works with the IT department to schedule and manage periodic software upgrades.
- Creates and refines templates to prepare financial reports using the Dynamic Report Writer.
- Analyze fixed asset purchases and activity.
- Track and record fixed asset dispositions and perform physical inventory as needed.
- Performs follow-up on accounts receivable assigned by accounting manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-8 years hands on experience in accounting
- Experience in an agency or professional services environment preferred.
skills: General Ledger, Forecasting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.