Our client is currently seeking for an accomplished Accounting Supervisor ready to take on the challenges of an Accounting Manager opportunity for their Las Vegas corporate office. Qualified candidates will have advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, strong analytical and technical skills, able to handle multiple tasks at one time, able to establish goals, set priorities, and meet deadlines. This position requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and a CPA is highly preferred.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Meeting with your staff and go over the work ahead and communicate the priority of work/tasks to be accomplished
- Review the department's P&Ls and gather information from your staff that explains significant variances of actual results vs. the forecast and the budget.
- Document your research and prepare for the upcoming meeting(s) with the departments to review their monthly financial performance
- Reach out to department Director/Manager to ensure they understand the variances noted above and have a clear understanding prior to the departmental financial review meeting
- Review account reconciliations prepared by the staff and ensure Account Reconciliation policy and procedures
- Address questions from departments as needed
- Attend the monthly departmental financial review meetings; bring one of your staff members to assist. At the meeting, be ready to provide insights into the actual expenses for the month and variances to forecast. Make sure the department leaders update their forecasts for next month if need to.
- Document action items from the meetings and ensure those are cleared during the next month's closing process; provide an update on those items to the EVP of the area and the department director/mgr.
- Work with FP&A to ensure forecasts are updated as needed
- Meet with your manager(s) and provide an update on the week's work and upcoming tasks for next week
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on financial reporting, general ledger operations, and accounting functions.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience is required
- Gaming and/or Hospitality experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully lead and mentor a team.
- Paying between $70K - $80K and a 10%+ bonus
If your interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity please email your resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Budgeting, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Consolidations, Business Analysis, Financial Reporting, Analysis, GAAP, Audit - Internal, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.