Our client is growing and looking to have an experienced Controller join their team. This person will be tasked with leading accounting function for a fast growing organization and maximize efficiencies in this wildly successful company.
Excellent opportunity to really impact an organization and be key piece of the companies foundation.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
The Controller will ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting, strengthen policies and procedures, streamline processes and systems to maximize efficiencies, improve controls to support continuous growth and acquisitions, and hire/mentor/develop staff.
- Oversee fiscal close, financial statement prep and analysis, and related financial reporting
- Hire, direct and develop staff to perform full cycle accounting
- Oversee maintenance of general ledger
- Evaluate and improve processes, ensure compliance
- Coordinate audits
- Research, understand and implement any/all new accounting regulations
- Manage all accounting functions including AP, AR, Billing, Payroll
- Research, analyze and report on financial performance, identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Evaluate systems, maximize utilization
- Ad hoc reporting
The ideal profile will have
- 4 years college degree (accounting/finance)
- Advanced degree desired
- 12+ years of relevant experience (mix of public and private)
- 5+ years in leadership position managing staff responsible for all functions (fiscal closes, gl, financial statements, AP, AR, payroll, revenue, reporting)
- CPA required
- Able and willing to be hands on
- Positive influence on colleagues
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in fast paced environment with changing priorities
skills: Account Reconciliation, 10-K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.