The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing, training & developing the Accounts Payable staff to assure compliance with payment terms, proper vendor onboarding, vendor dispute resolution, statement reconciliation, error identity, problem solving & standard procedural improvements.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
· Process vendor invoices to include scanning, accurate coding and data entry into the company ERP system.
· Process weekly disbursements to include physical checks and electronic payments via ACH and credit card methods.
· Reconcile period and year-end AP aging reports to the General Ledger.
· Process vendor set-up documentation; request form, W-9 & COLI.
· Maintain vendor master file in the ERP accounting system, including FEIN, payment terms, mailing address, verification of EFT data, vendor group & default expense account.
· Perform vendor statement reconciliations.
· Perform payment & invoice research and be a liaison to the restaurants.
· Respond to vendor and internal inquires in a timely manner, including any payment or invoice discrepancies.
· Maintain positive communication and relationships with our restaurants and vendors.
· General administrative support including, but not limited to phone calls, filing, faxing, scanning, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
· Ad hoc data input in Excel databases.
· Financial audit support & schedule preparation when necessary
· Operational & Restaurant Support Center support to the Accounting & Finance group
· Team Members and Managers must adhere to policy. Managers must hold team accountable regarding Meal and Rest Break Policy.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· 2-5 years of experience working in an Accounts Payable department, preferably in a multi-unit restaurant or retail environment
· Intermediate proficiency in Excel
· Experience with Compeat, Restaurant365, or equivalent ERP Accounting System is strongly preferred.
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.