This position is responsible for providing accounting support to the Power Business Unit that will be used for decision making, planning, cost management and reporting.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
- 2 plus years Related working experience
- Knowledge of capital budgeting/spending
- TXU Energy Accounting systems - FIM, FAM, PMMS, EZ Pay
- Production(Utility) experience
- Exhibits ability to perform the key competencies of Teamwork, Problem Solving, Innovation, Resource Management and Flexibility
- Strong communication skills to interact with all areas within Production
- PC and database skills for cost tracking/reporting
- Strong analysis skills
- Occasional long, irregular hours.
- Use of a PC and/or telephone usually more than 6 hours a day.
- Occasional travel between company facilities.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience as full charge accountant with General Ledger and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial systems (or other ERP system)
- Proficient in Excel and Windows office applications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals,
skills: $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.