Our client is seeking an interim senior communications professional to co-develop and execute a communication strategy for our Greater Boston sites. The role will primarily focus on internal communications and employee engagement around the delivery of a facilities transformation strategy over the next 12-18 months.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $34 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Manage and execute internal communications plan for the Greater Boston Metro Plan
Review existing communications channels for Greater Boston sites and devise creative/interactive ways to engage employees throughout the project.
Leverage internal social media tools (Yammer) to promote projects and encourage feedback.
Collaborate with the Communications Director, Massachusetts Site Communications Director, Global Corporate Communications and Public Affairs to develop and execute communications strategy.
Work with visual communications to develop content and rolling calendar for digital display screens in Greater Boston buildings
Working closely with site business leaders, support site-specific issues management or crisis response as needed
Employee Engagement and Events Management:
Align with Site Communications Director to contribute to central calendar and cadence for key communications or events related to this project.
Coordinate with global teams and functions to promote global awareness as relevant
Host external partners, visitors and work with facilities to manage site tours
Provide regular updates to site cross-functional committee
qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications or related field
- 8 Years of internal communications or equivalent experience with excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading experience
- Communications experience in a PR agency or pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare organization is preferred
- Excellent writing skills - able to distill complex, technical and lengthy topics into simple, compelling communications
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in teams and to partner and collaborate across functions
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions through knowledge of communication tools and techniques and channels
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated people/team management skills
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starting)
- Ability to think creatively
- Maintain a big-picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience
- Advocate for employees to ensure messaging is accessible and relevant, and factors in their perspective
- Poise and a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with colleagues across the company and get up to speed on organizational structure, culture, programs, policies, etc
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
Willingness to travel to various meetings or local sites, including overnight trips
Requires approximately 5-10% travel
skills: Event Coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.