Sr. Corporate Auditor
Work with the teams that review and evaluate company-wide initiatives and processes to assess whether controls and best practices are followed and effective; to analyze strategic, operational and financial risks to ensure they're well-evaluated and mitigated; and to ensure our business is conducted ethically and that effective compliance programs are in place. You'll find a wide variety of positions, plenty of opportunities for professional growth, and broad exposure to all parts of the organization.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $68,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Participate and lead in developing and conducting internal audits. Leverage knowledge of SOX, internal controls and GAAP.
- Consult with business partners to identify, analyze and evaluate control issues.
- Drive control improvements and works with business to implement changes.
- Participate in annual risk assessment process by consulting with internal and external business partners to identify, review, analyze, and evaluate risks and controls within business area.
- Develop strong business relationships with business partners.
- Communicate business issues and recommendations to management, verbal and written.
- Lead special projects as assigned by manager.
- Four year college degree (Accounting strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in corporate internal audit or public accounting
- Prior working experience with SOX auditing
- Strong analytical/problem solving and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to anticipate key issues and problems
- Ability to work independently with high level of initiative and provide direction to others
skills: SOX, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.