Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager
Booming publicly traded company in the East Bay that has been experiencing consistent 20-30% YOY growth is seeking a Tax Manager / Sr Tax Manager. This person will lead the indirect tax function and foreign jurisdiction income tax compliance.
location: Alameda, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- You will get the chance to support a rapidly growing company in a dynamic role where you will be overseeing and managing the indirect tax functions, including gather PBC, coordinate with external tax service providers to review and file monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales & Use Tax, GST/VAT, and Gross Receipts Tax.
- Prepare annual property tax returns
- You'll be responsible for various business & tax registrations for new business expansions and coordinate with external ax advisers to commence tax return compliance.
- Maintain the indirect tax calendar to track Tax Account Numbers and credentials, internal tax department due dates and statutory due dates of state & local tax filings.
- Work with business units to update tax configurations, improve tax systems, resolve tax disputes and communicate proper taxability of products.
- Participate in state and local tax audits by gathering, organizing and tracking information requested by auditors.
- Prepare account reconciliations related to sales and use tax, GST/VAT accounts.
- Assist in documenting, reviewing, and analyzing processes for necessary controls and efficiencies.
- Assist in implementation of tax engine integration with ERP system.
- Work closely with external service provider in foreign jurisdiction to facilitate income tax compliance including tracking due dates, gather PBC, review return and coordinate filing of returns.
- Assist in review US federal and state income tax returns prepared by external service provider.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment. - Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, tax, or equivalent, an MST being a plus.
- Four plus years of relevant tax experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me at email@example.com.
skills: Sales & Use Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.