JOB SUMMARY: Consults with Accounting leadership on the most complex accounting functions or responsibilities associated with advanced accounting. Provides internal consultation on the best practices to obtain, evaluate, interpret, record and analyze financial data utilized in the preparation of financial statements and/or reports for various regulatory and statutory authorities and for internal management of all levels. Provides high subject matter expertise in preparing financial reports, pro-forma financial statements and reports, and analyses of financial statements. Works with internal and external sources and senior leadership to assure proper understanding and reporting of financial data. Provides accounting expertise to Finance leadership regarding complex cross-functional projects, and/or other activities that support strategic initiatives.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $34 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates the research, analysis and implementation of new and/or revised accounting policies and procedures. Leads the development of recommendations that would enhance, improve or facilitate job performance, processing or workflow.
2. Advises senior management on the industry best practices to obtain data, record, analyze and prepare the most complex accounting transactions and statements.
. Responsible for the development and submission of complex accounting and financial transactions required to ensure proper reporting at all levels.
4. Advises management of the accuracy of all reports, forms and data provided to internal and external clients/customers.
5. Coordinates the development of actions/policies to deal with unfavorable financial situations as disclosed by accounting analysis.
6. Functions as the expert on changes to GAAP and/or STAT regulatory requirements which ultimately impact the submission of financial statements, reports and other financial data. Provides consultation to management on the internal impact.
7. Acts as project lead in the development and design of new and enhanced systems and processes within the assigned area(s).
8. Guides the preparation and analysis of the most complex pro-forma financial data required for compliance with new requirements.
9. Provides consultation to management in applying financial data and analysis to solve administrative and operating problems.
10. Coordinates and leads the preparation of complex financial information to provide to internal and external auditors, IRS, state examiners and other regulatory agencies, as assigned.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years' accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and STAT
- Ability to analyze, discover and solve accounting problems, to interpret financial statements and data and to analyze and interpret legal requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting highly preferred
- Previous insurance experience a plus!
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.