Innovative Technology Start Up is looking to hire an Accountant to join the Accounting team. Accountant will join a team of smart, dynamic and fun staff who are ready to help you grow professionally. Accountant will have an opportunity to work alongside with the CFO and gain valuable mentorship. Accountant will increase operational efficiencies and financial accuracies in accordance with GAAP, and help streamline processes as the company continues to grow and scale. Located in San Leandro, CA, just blocks away from the BART station. Open office environment, company equity offerings, fully stocked fridge with snacks and drinks, flight training discounts, flexibility to work from home. Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. If you are a self-starter, can work independently without supervision, have a great attitude, and are available immediately, we would like to chat with you!
location: San Leandro, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 38 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Serve as a key player in month close, preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial statements, report findings to CFO
- Calculate and distribute commission reports to sales team
- Process AR and AP invoices and follow up with vendors/customers
- Work with division heads to build and maintain departmental budgets
- Assist in annual tax preparation and filing activities for parent company and subsidiaries
- Work with accounting team to review and post journal entries when needed
- Review invoices, expense reports, and credit card expenses for accurate coding to the general ledger
- Investigate and respond to internal and vendor inquiries related to expense transactions
- Coach new employees how to navigate and master the expenditure system
- Assist the department in the creation of new processes and implementation of new systems as the organization continues to evolve and grow
- Support with additional administrative responsibilities and projects - There are many projects to work on across departments
- 1 to 5 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
Click to apply.
skills: Quickbooks, Accounts Receivable, Month-End Close, Invoices, A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.