Looking for a Manager, Accounting to work in the General Accounting group. The manager is responsible for overseeing the monthly/quarterly close process for several regional networks. The individual will supervise, train and develop staff. This person must be able to communicate well and interact confidentially with management and staff levels and will serve as a back-up for the Director.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Supervise and train staff
- Responsible for close process for multiple regional networks, inclusive of rights & production
- Interact directly with Finance group to obtain proposed journal entries, resolve unusual items or discrepancies/reclassifications and ensure all production and rights schedules are up to date
- Review/approve account reconciliations
- Ensure completion of quarterly reporting schedules
- Oversee fixed asset additions and ensure adherence to company policies
- Review/approve monthly fixed asset reconciliations
- Review and approve bank reconciliations
- Active role in implementing process improvements and internal controls testing to ensure compliance with Company policy and SOX 404
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Responsible for ad hoc general accounting, reporting, analysis and/or other projects as required
- Detail oriented while maintaining efficiency
- Must be able to work efficiently with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment, under minimal supervision, and ability to effectively meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- At least 4+ years accounting experience is required - general accounting skills are a plus
- CPA preferred
- Strong PC skills including intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One or other ERP general ledger system a plus
- Knowledge of Hubble a plus
- The ability to work independently following proscribed schedules and be resourceful
- Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up
skills: JD Edwards, MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.