A large Not For Profit enterprise based in Rockville, MD seeks a Senior Accountant. This position is responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements for various entities. The Senior Accountant will review and analyze the financial information and will ensure proper accounting controls and procedures are
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Perform full accounting cycle functions as assigned including, but not limited to,
timely and accurate posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger for
- Prepares work papers, financial statements and various reports for internal
accounting and auditing.
- Researches and analyzes fluctuations and variances between current financial
results compared to prior year, prior month, and budgeted amounts.
- Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Coordinate
distribution of financial and other supporting reports to both internal and external
- Assists and works with independent auditors to ensure compliance with financial
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying
schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual" variance
- Recommend changes in accounting systems and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- Two to four years progressively responsible experience in the public accounting
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline
Annual salary for this position is $70,000 - 75,000. Average work week is 40 hours.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.