job summary: Summary
Randstad USA is seeking an accounting professional with CPA license and leadership experience for an exciting Assistant Controller
Randstad is working with a financial institution in downtown Chicago to identify a skilled accounting professional for a leadership position within their accounting department.
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting as well as an active CPA License. However, candidates with other credentials, who have at least 7+ of account experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role will ultimately be responsible for corporate accounting operations as well as for multiple subsidiaries. These duties will include general ledger entry, account reconciliation, account analyses, month-end close, and internal and external reporting, among other things.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities Reporting
Invoice Review and Approval
- Reviewing monthly journal entries prepared by corporate accounting personnel for posting in Workday accounting system
- Ensure the validity, accuracy and completeness of the information recorded in financial statements.
- Assist the reporting team in regular and ad-hoc internal and external financial reporting.
- Lead the monthly consolidation and reporting process.
- Maintain business assets in Workday (fixed assets ledger).
- Review and approve supplier invoices for operating expenses processed in Workday by the Corporate Accountants.
- Review prepaid amortization schedules and monthly activity.
- Ensure the accounts payable and expense reimbursement cycles are completed on a timely basis.
- Analyze actual results against the annual budget and provide regular updates to management.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in coordinating and managing internal and external audits.
- Work with internal auditor to ensure compliance with the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Coordinate annual Form 1099 issuance process.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience with a history of increasing responsibility and complexity
- Advanced knowledge and relevant experience using accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Workday knowledge a plus!
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.