job summary: Medical Appointment Scheduler
needed for a contract opportunity! JOB SUMMARY
- Conducts telephonic outreach to members who are identified as needing preventive services in support of quality initiatives and regulatory/contractual requirements.
- Provides education to members regarding the care gaps they have.
- Assists in scheduling doctor appointments via three-way phone calls and assists in scheduling transportation services, if needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of business and protected health information.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 1 Years
- Conducts telephonic outreach to members to support Quality Improvement. regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Educates the member and their family about preventive health screenings while identifying barriers to care.
- Schedules doctor appointments for all household members with care gaps with the Primary Care Physician (PCP) and/or Specialist to access needed preventive care services and close gaps in care via a three-way phone call.
- Informs providers about the care gap(s) member has and why they are seeing the provider.
- Arranges transportation for members as needed.
- Documents all actions taken regarding contact related to member.
- Interacts with other departments including Customer Service to resolve member issues.
- Refers to CM/DM as appropriate.
- Completes special assignments and projects instrumental to the function of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School or GED Required
- An Associate's Degree in a related field Preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Preferred
- 1+ year of experience in member. provider and customer service or call center environment Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.