Randstad Professionals Greater Baltimore team specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an upcoming opportunity for a Senior Accountant. SUMMARY
Position is responsible for the day to day and month end general ledger functions which includes maintenance of Fixed Asset subledger, Balance Sheet Schedule, Payroll entries, foreign exchange, recurring transactions and intercompany reconciliation and supervision and assistance to accounts payable team to ensure proper classification of purchases.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, review, and posts journal entries to adjust various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. (Prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and miscellaneous other accounts)
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Software and records, including depreciation entries and continuity schedules.
- Prepares monthly accounting reconciliations and schedules for all Balance Sheet Accounts for all companies in the consolidated group, ensuring sub-ledgers balance.
- Prepares ongoing payroll journal entries and reconciles payroll balance sheet accounts monthly to ensure timely remittances and accuracy of deductions from employee pay.
- Maintains control and reporting on petty cash accounts.
- Monthly review and analysis of overheads for all companies within the consolidated group.
- Maintenance of intercompany account structure and monthly reconciliation of all intercompany payable/receivable accounts.
- Monthly compilation, reporting and inputting of phone codes both to dockets and to the appropriate branch/department.
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable positions so as to be able to provide coverage during periods of absence due to holiday, sickness or resignation.
- Responds to internal and external accounting enquiries.
- Assisting with various projects as assigned by the accounting manager or controller.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance Degree required
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Accounting programs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Attention to detail, good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today! Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play and the App Store today.
skills: Excel, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.