Randstad Professionals Greater Baltimore team specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an upcoming opportunity for a Payroll Manager.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 0 Years
- Oversee and manage payroll department to ensure payroll taxes and reporting are processed correctly.
- Maintain payroll tables for tax rates, earnings, deductions, accumulators; upload templates, electronic forms, and coordinate changes.
- Lead and take ownership of assigned projects to support corporate objectives and ensure attainment of project goals.
- Compile, manage, and maintain an inventory of scheduled and ad-hoc payroll reports; periodically assess report inventory eliminating redundancy.
- Prepare bi-weekly analysis, account reconciliations, month end accruals as required and reconcile and record payroll in general ledger.
- Review month-end and quarterly financial reports, provide variance analysis, and research financial irregularities and create efficiency through automation of financial reporting.
- Prepare reconciliation of all insurance billings by creating reports and reconciling withholding amounts to the amounts being billed by the insurance providers.
- Follow up and prepare appropriate correspondence related to notices received from State and Local withholding and Unemployment agencies.
- 5-8 years of payroll preparation experience
- Certified Payroll Experience required
- 5+ years' payroll and accounting experience in a multi-state, in-house processed payroll department with high volume operations and large non-exempt teams
- Strong Excel skill set
- Payroll software experience : ADP, Kronos, Ultipro or other
- Knowledge of complex regulations including Federal and multi-state tax laws, and SOX compliance
- Working knowledge of federal and state payroll regulatory requirements
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today! Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play and the App Store today.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.