job summary: Project Accountant
Randstad Professionals Greater Baltimore team specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an upcoming opportunity for a Project Accountant. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and posts journal entries to adjust various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Responsible for AIA billing, job cost and project accounting functions
- Prepares monthly accounting reconciliations and schedules for all Balance Sheet Accounts for all companies in the consolidated group, ensuring sub-ledgers balance.
- Maintains control and reporting on petty cash accounts.
- Maintenance of monthly reconciliation of all intercompany payable/receivable accounts.
- Monthly compilation, reporting and inputting of phone codes both to dockets and to the appropriate branch/department.
- Responds to internal and external accounting enquiries.
- Assisting with various projects as assigned by the accounting manager or controller.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of work experience in accounting
- Construction industry experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Accounting programs
- Timberline, Yardi or MRI software experience
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Journal Entries, Balance Sheets, AIA Billing, Job Cost and Project Accounting functions
qualifications: Application Process
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Project Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.