Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Project Accountant to be responsible for overseeing the accounting and reporting of multiple projects. The Project Accountant will be responsible for the job cost accounting functions for 30+ construction projects.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Setup of projects, cost codes, budgets and contracts
- Prepare and process monthly requisitions to owners
- Oversee weekly vendor payments and approve for release
- Assist Project Management in the monthly project forecast including validation of the projected fee and percent complete forecast.
- Prepare the Work in Progress Schedule and Fiscal Year Profit and Loss forecasts
- Review and approve the Work in Progress Schedule and Fiscal Year Profit and Loss forecasts
- Ensure monthly accounting and reporting of construction projects for monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Prepare and maintain project accounting schedules, job cost reporting and reconciliation and assist with daily analysis of unit cost vs. budgets, forecasts, cost analysis and reporting.
- Prepare monthly WIP reporting to corporate, including explanations for changes to budget, prior month, etc.
- Prepare cost transfers, process accounts payable invoices and obtain lien releases from vendors
- Develop productivity reports for Project Managers to analyze labor and material productivity vs. budget, and propose forecast modifications as needed.
- Support senior management with special projects and process improvements for reporting and analysis
- Must have a BBA Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Must be well versed in GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Experience working in a multi-location, service-based organization is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting and meet deadlines
skills: Financial Statements, Forensic Accounting, Depreciation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.