The External Reporting Staff Accountant assists in the preparation of external financial statements and reports, assisting with month-end close, and participate in special projects and analysis. Excellent opportunity for someone looking to utilize their Financial Reporting experience and skills in a challenging and dynamic environment. This position offers significant travel benefits (travel is not a requirement of the position).
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare high quality external financial reports, including footnotes and other supporting documentation for annual and periodic reporting requirements and financial presentations to Board of Directors and other external parties (e.g. Lenders) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide detailed financial statement account analysis (e.g., balance sheet fluctuation) for management and external auditors.
- Participate in the preparation, reporting and analysis for technical accounting areas.
- Assist in researching the accounting implications of complex and/or new transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP and external reporting requirements. Assist in drafting technical white papers to present conclusions to management and external auditors.
- Ensures internal controls over the external reporting process is functioning properly.
- Act as liaison with group responsible for Great Plains/Management Reporter maintenance to enhance efficiency of financial reporting processes.
- Assist in drafting the annual 401(k) benefit plan financial statements.
- Assist in research, development and implementation of corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Support annual valuation analyses (e.g. Goodwill Impairment analysis) and other periodic or ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely support to external auditors for external reporting requirements related to annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Support on-going development, execution and improvement of external reporting processes and controls and act as a subject matter expert for external reporting processes.
- Identify and drive improvements by developing a thorough understanding of end to end processes.
- Any other duties assigned by management
qualifications: Required Skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements, and external reporting requirement
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, ensuring deadlines are met
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CPA Designation
- Experience with Great Plains accounting system
Apply today if the above describes you and you're seeking a challenging yet rewarding opportunity that offers significant travel benefits!
skills: External Financial Statement Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.