Accountant - Mid - Looking for someone they want to hire full time eventually.
General Accounting test suggested during submittal but not required.
Provides middle and back office support to hedge funds and asset management firms based out of our Hackensack, NJ location. This is not a front office/trading position. This is an entry-level position, provided with on the job training and room for growth opportunities at a rapidly growing company.
This position is unique as they support a client that has lots of operations in Europe who purchase mortgage loans. Lots of cash activity related to those mortgage loans that need to be researched and processed. They will be responsible for cash transactions between multiple portfolio companies, book accruals for expenses, basic accounting entries into the general ledger etc.
location: Hackensack, New Jersey
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Master's Degree
experience: 4 Years
The responsibilities include:
- Trade entry (via file upload processes) into portfolio accounting system
- Transmission of trades to prime brokers
- Confirmation of trades (where applicable) with executing brokers
- Valuation of client portfolios
- Reconciliation of trades, investment positions and cash balances to external third parties (banks, prime brokers, counterparties)
- Resolution of trade differences
- Entry of journals into general ledger system
- Preparation of NAV calculations
Required / Desired Skills
Required / Desired
Advanced excel skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.