Boston-based investment manager is seeking an ambitious research assistant to join our dynamic trading and operations team to work directly with investment professionals to conduct qualitative and quantitative diligence on specific situations and broad strategies.
The successful Research Assistant will be responsible for working overnight and will have a primary focus on Korean markets. To be considered for this role, you must be fluent in Korean and English.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Source, read, highlight, and translate economically significant portions of primary source documents for use in investment analysis,
- Quantitatively analyze financial data
- Investigate trends and investments of competitors in the hedge fund space
- Creatively identify relevant industry participants, such as research analysts and company management; conduct primary due diligence by contacting industry participants and connect promising leads to the investment team
- Manage projects with multiple business sponsors across strategies, including long-term research projects
- Manage existing business service and research subscriptions and research new alternatives
- Facilitate the documentation of investment processes and investment team training needs
- Fluency in Korean and English are requirements for this position
- Strong academic credentials and the desire to work with academically-oriented colleagues
- Minimum requirements; GPA 3.7+ , SAT Scores 2100/2400
- Ability to work on multiple open-ended projects
- No finance experience required, but a relevant background in quantitative scientific fields will be taken into consideration
Qualified and interested applicants should forward a word version of their resume to Nigel Butler for consideration - firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: SQL, Investments, Equity Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.