Respected and well-established Consulting Firm in San Jose is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team. This person will be an integral part of the group providing diversified day-to-day financial support leading a team and servicing a variety of clients.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsibility for the oversight of full accounting processes, i.e. maintaining/reviewing the general ledger, generating and posting all journal entries in a timely manner, coordinating monthly close, maintaining budgets and reporting on budget to actual, and preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements with related workpapers
- Supervising and reviewing the accounts payable function
- Supervising and mentoring Staff, General Ledger, and Senior Accountants
- Payroll coordination with clients and the payroll team
- Managing and reviewing numerous bank, brokerage, and credit card reconciliations
- Performing reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet accounts, including inter-company accounts
- Preparing annual K-1 reconciliations
- Assisting in preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax packages and supporting documents
- Responding to client requests and inquiries
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Handling special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- CPA eligible preferred
- 6 to 9 years of progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience
- 3 plus years of professional services experience preferred
- 3 plus years of supervisory experience
- Team management skills including ability to lead, direct and coach staff
- Ability to build & cultivate strong personal relationships with peers within the firm and the business community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong project management and client service skills
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- High attention to detail, problem solver & intellectually curious
- Adhere to the highest level of confidentiality
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me directly at email@example.com.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.