We are seeking a Senior Accountant for one of our most valued clients in Orange County. This company is a national leader in it's industry and is growing fast. This person will play a critical role in the organizations continued growth, having a variety of responsibility.
location: Mission Viejo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
The Senior Accountant position is very important in our organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for the month-end financial close of 10-12 locations.
- Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with field locations and Controller.
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with centers to ensure completeness.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
- Ad hoc Projects
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (CPA Strongly Preferred)
- 2-3 years Big-4 Accounting firm experience
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
If you feel that your are qualified for this role or have someone in your network that would be, please reach out ASAP. You can call Joey Martin at 949-265-5851 or email him at email@example.com.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.