Dynamic organization in Downtown, DC is seeking an eager junior accountant to join their team.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities
- Monitor and process client payments through lockbox processing software; analyze transactions to ensure payments are properly processed; verify negotiability of checks through customer specific instructions for processing
- Perform data correction, amount entry, re-keying, and quality control accurately and quickly
- Analyze A/R balances; assist to collect on accounts with open balances
- Post journal entries related to Accounts Receivables such as chargebacks, wires, donations, NSFs
- Assist with accounts payable as needed.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and correct variances by posting journal entries
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two (2) years related experience required
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
Qualified candidates should submit resume in word format.
skills: Accounts Receivable, Journal Entries, A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.