Fund Accountant needed for growing family office that is located in Jupiter. It is a great working environment - challenging, yet rewarding. Great benefits including a 401k with company match!
The potential candidate would have full charge of the investment landscape from analyzing new funds to analytics across the various portfolios.
location: Jupiter, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Manage client relationships covering Private Equity (PE) and Real Estate (RE) funds.
- Maintain active correspondence with investment partnerships regarding any accounting/reporting questions, or other issues, as necessary.
- Overall responsibility for capital activity (calls, distributions, transfers and overall activities) on PE and RE funds and communicating with outside administrators.
- Review/prepare sources/uses of funds, allocations.
- Responsible for updating valuations on private equity funds, venture capital firms, and alternative assets.
- Review weekly / monthly cash models and monthly / quarterly reports.
- Analytical review of financial statements and quarterly investment valuations.
- Records all capital account, accounting entries and reconciles to the investment database.
- Understands and continually develops KPIs (IRR, MOIC...).
Reimbursement / Carry
- Review/prepare management fee and carry calculations and supporting schedules, investor allocations and capital account statements.
- Executing close duties, including preparing Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP.
Tax & Compliance
- Review quarterly and annual tax projection calculations.
- Coordinate tax information for the preparation of income tax returns.
- Ensure tax, statutory, legal, audit and other regulatory compliance is met.
- Assist with subscription documents and amendments of Partnership agreements.
- Aids with investment analysis of new funds.
- Perform ad hoc investor and management requests
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 years public accounting experience
- Possesses 5 to 7 years professional accounting experience
- Maintains a strong knowledge of accounting, GAAP and financial statement / reporting concepts
skills: Account Reconciliation, Fund Accounting, Fund Reporting, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.