*** Looking for someone with Law Firm Experience, strong negotiation skills. Experience with SOW and MSA documentation.
Under the supervision of the X, Contract Administration, the main duties the Contract Specialist will be to prepare, review and administer company contracts, including client contracts, confidentiality agreements, confidentiality and data use agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements and a variety of other contracts.
The role requires an ability to independently identify and analyze issues and to exercise sound business and legal judgment in the resolution of those issues. The Contract Specialist will assist the X, Contract Administration on providing customer service to internal business teams or third parties relating to contract activity. He/she will be help ensure contracts are established, reviewed, approved and executed to ensure the highest regard for protecting the financial and legal interests of the company; to ensure compliance with the company's contracting policy; and to ensure contracts are based on sound business practices.
The Contract Specialist must be a self-starter. He/she must have a strong attention to detail along with an ability to identify and mitigate potential risks for the company. The ideal candidate will have previous experience negotiating, preparing and managing contracts, particularly in the patient health services space.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
location: Fort Mill, South Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Prepare and review contracts
- Coordinate all contract execution
- Gather and maintain approvals for applicable contracts
- Help with the maintenance of the contract administration email box
- Help to maintain contract management system to enter, update and maintain company's contracts
- Ensure that contracts and related approval documentation are posted on company's drive
- Ensure that executed contracts are sent to company's billing team
- Review and recommend changes to contracting policy or processes, as needed
- Maintenance of master contracting spreadsheet for all pending contracts in progress and updates such spreadsheet accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE/AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven and relevant work experience in the legal field or as a contract specialist, or similar role
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Patient health services preferred
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts of the type relevant to the company
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to as part of a collaborative team
- "Can-do" attitude and customer-service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot issues and/or errors
- Ability to multi-task; strong time-management skills and a proven ability to work efficiently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and objectives
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment; comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills necessary
- Certificate or degree in paralegal or legal studies from an accredited degree program
- Broad training in fields generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program
skills: Legal, Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.