We are partnered with a Top Ranked regional CPA firm recognized for it's awards on leadership and innovation. It is the #1 IPO practice in the first quarter of this year. They are actively seeking CPA's who are driven in the following practice areas: Staff Audit Associates, Senior, Supervisor, and Manager Audit Professionals, Tax Senior Associates, Tax Supervisors, and Tax Managers. The opportunity is here to work in cutting edge industries including Technology, Cannabis, Blockchain, and Life Sciences. Before another busy season settles in, this is the chance for a fresh start in a more entrepreneurial business that are making the right changes to make the public accounting experience top notch for their internal employees. Which explains why their growth has been staggering.
Here are just some of the benefits that are offered to their associates:
- A focus on individual goals and career development
- Work directly with partners immediately (vs. 3-4 years
at Big 4)
- Team approach to client engagements - participants
from all levels, open access to partners and others
- CPA designation paid for annually, free study materials, bonus for exam completion
- Wellness "rewards" for taking healthy steps
- Fitbit at reduced cost
- Innovating through technology: They are a technology
firm in the accounting industry (other accounting firms
have partnered with them to deliver technology solutions
to their clients)
- New business incentive for the life of the client relationship
- Associate referrals (up to $10k/associate)
- Annual performance bonus
- Profit sharing
- PTO - 23 days in first year
- Core Hours 10:30am - 3:30pm
- Alternative Work Arrangements (AWA) for flex time &
working from home
- Work from any office, Miami/ Fort Lauderdale/ West Palm Beach
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Approximately 15% travel outside of South Florida Responsibilities
- Coordinate various phases of engagements; plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review work papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepare reports, and communicate findings and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and analyze actual time versus budgeted time. - Ensure engagement manager and partner is updated timely on all aspects of the engagement.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the assurance engagement from planning, to report issuance, to closing the binder.
- Perform technical research as require.
- Communicate effectively with all levels intern - partner as well as engagement details with clients
- Recognize extended services opportunities.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Keep current on professional pronouncements.
- Participate in Level Training for junior staff.
- Proactively and effectively participate in mentoring and performance management.
- Practice development.
- Responsible for executing the tax engagement work under the account's Supervisor or Manager while overseeing one or two staff accountants
- Complete moderately complex projects accurately, thoroughly, and efficiently
- Participate in staff training and tax department meetings
- Corporate senior able to prepare high level corporate returns, familiar with various state tax returns, major credits, current relief acts, and prepare provisions/Fin 48 analysis
- Provide assistance to peers and others when requested
- Create positive impression with client by exhibiting professional competence and ability
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related equivalent
- 3 + years of accounting and tax experience for a public accounting firm
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and principles in at least one of the following industries: real estate, construction, manufacturing, automotive, retail, technology, apparel and textiles, entertainment, importing/exporting, hospitality, and not-for-profit
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills who can interact with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork and leadership
- SEC experience a huge plus
- CPA certification or in progress
Call or e-mail: Shane Fitzgerald, Executive Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org, 954.462.6225
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.