Growing publicly traded pharmaceutical company headquartered in South San Francisco, seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be a primarily responsible for monthly closing activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. You must be a hands-on, attention to detail and highly organized, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced team environment. The position requires application of US GAAP, data analysis and application of appropriate accounting control procedures.
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Review general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries relating to amortization, depreciation, accruals, and a variety of other information
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Assist in financial statement preparation
- Supports external audit requests by providing account analyses and support for selections; and
- Other Finance projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 4-6 years of accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Biotech experience preferred
- Public company experiences preferred; aware of:
- SOX 404 requirements
- Reporting timeline and close schedules
skills: Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.