This position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with colleagues in tax, FP&A, legal and HR and various business departments to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions and reporting of results. The Accounting Manager will play a key leadership role in the finance organization around change management, process improvement, scaling accounting infrastructures and operations, standardizing processes and building the accounting department.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manage and oversee components of the accounting team, including advertising revenue accounting and other important areas.
- Review financial statement analytics for key areas and be able to communicate those explanations as a part of the monthly fluctuation analysis with finance management.
- Review monthly journal entries and key account reconciliations for areas of responsibility.
- Review and analyze certain revenue contracts and document significant terms and accounting conclusions to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with the company's revenue recognition policy and appropriate accounting guidance.
- Ensure the proper accounting treatment is being applied for any new or non-standard transactions.
- Guide financial decisions by implementing and maintaining global accounting policies and procedures for areas of responsibility to ensure the highest level of efficiency and consistency.
- Maintain an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives, mitigating risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results in compliance with GAAP.
- Manage and mentor a strong team of accounting professionals through clear communication of goals and career development.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting and Corporate Controller on implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems.
- Various special projects and ad hoc analysis as assigned.
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent degree.
- CPA required with a minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience, including people management experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and accounting research methods.
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 and other revenue recognition guidance. Knowledgeable regarding SOX and interactions with external auditors.
- Confident, self starter with ability to work with minimal direction in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff to solve problems and achieve results.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Ability to delegate and mentor, demonstrating a team-oriented mentality.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.