We are looking for a Controller to join our high performing Finance, Strategy & Accounting team. The Controller will work closely with the CFO and the rest of the leadership team to grow and lead our Accounting function to support the growth of the company. This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of Accounting in the company, including: Monthly Financial Close, Audit Readiness, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Stock Administration, Accounting Operations (AR, AP and Expense Management).
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Lead end-to-end Accounting, including the following processes: procure to pay, GL accounting, revenue recognition, billing and AR management, technical accounting and expense management
- Design and implement business systems and integrations to help our team eliminate manual work
- Manage external relationships with tax accountants and take ownership of all corporate tax filings, including: federal, state and local taxes, transaction taxes and franchise tax filings
- Take ownership of stock administration and cap table management
- Develop and grow the Accounting team with a collaborative leadership approach
- Institute internal controls and lead SOX readiness efforts
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting/Finance (Active CPA Preferred)
- Startup experience - you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get in the weeds
- Strong business acumen and ability to negotiate with external stakeholders on key contracts
- 10+ years of experience working with high performing teams in fast paced companies
- Experience working with Netsuite for accounting and reporting
- Excellent communication and collaboration across internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with high growth SaaS and HaaS businesses
- Mix of Big 4 Public Accounting and Industry experience
- Business systems expert - SQL/scripting experience a plus
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Experience with Netsuite, Carta, Expensify, Host Analytics and ADP
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.