We are working for a national transportation company that is looking for a Senior Accountant in downtown Chicago! This is a key role with high visibility and is heavily relied on by management to provide valuable output!
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares journal entries for revenues, expenses, work-in-process recognition, Intercompany transactions, and other miscellaneous items for all shop locations to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Prepares and analyzes weekly and monthly management reporting including financial statements and key metric reports
- Actively participates in the preparation of annual budgets for each shop location
- Works closely with shop personnel to provide insight and assistance when needed
- Completes monthly account reconciliations including work-in-process, cash, AR, AP, inventory, and other balance sheet accounts
- Participates and assists in the audits of annual physical inventory counts at shop locations
- Partners with our engineering team to analyze and review capital expenditures which includes ROI analysis, available spend tracking, and maintaining the fixed asset ledger
- Supports monthly reporting requirements to parent company in Hyperion (validations and flow forms)
- Creates, maintains, and improves reporting templates to provide ad-hoc financial reporting to internal customers
- Develops improvements to shop reporting resources and assists with special projects as assigned
qualifications: Skills and Abilities
B.S. degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience within Hyperion
At least 3 years of progressive experience in accounting and/or financial analysis ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Experience with creating or writing templates and reports (in or out of excel)
Knowledge of how intercompany transactions and profit eliminations work
Other Desired Skills: Excellent demeanor, attention to detail and organization, outstanding work ethic, great communication, ability to work independently with little to no supervision, ability to travel (~5%),
Interested in learning more? Please contact Bridget Janso at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
skills: Hyperion, Manufacturing Cost Acct
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.