Based in Sunnyvale, global provider for both software and hardware solutions is hiring for a Credit Manager to join their team due to growth. This person will managing a staff of two and will report directly to the Vice President of Accounting and Finance. This person will be responsible for implementing and improving a formal credit and collections process, analyze and assess credit and collection issues, supervise and train collection staff, follow aging accounts closely, and ensure accurate billing. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience, 2 years in a supervisory role, bachelor's degree in related field, and proficiency in Netsuite or some equivalent accounting software.
To be immediately considered for this role, please apply directly to posting.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervises daily activities and maximizes efforts of staff in their collection efforts on accounts receivable, with special emphasis on delinquent accounts
- Implement and improve a formal credit and collection process
- Work closely and manage relationship with collections agency
- Analyzes and assesses credit and collection issues falling outside Company policies and guidelines and determines course of action for resolution
- Resolves customer disputes and negotiates settlements with customers on receivable issues accounts
- Responsible for the supervision and effective training of collection representatives
- Review credit information obtained, evaluate the credit risk and approve or decline credit accounts
- Monitor monthly balances of customers
- Follow closely the course of aging accounts and determine action to be taken on delinquent accounts
- Facilitate bad debt recovery by monitoring potential write-offs and collecting on previous write-offs
- Audit ledgers to ensure accurate billing and invoice information; maintain accounting ledgers as required
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of all local, state, and federal law
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field is preferred, with five (5) years within the credit/collections field; or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years in a managerial role within the credit/collections field
- Proven ability and understanding of effective collection techniques and credit risk analysis
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance, motivation, and development of staff
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and technology applications experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment in making business decisions and implementing process
skills: Credit & Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.