job summary: THE PURPOSE:
As the Payroll Manager
You will serve as the main point of contact for payroll-related questions from employees and will work cross-functionally to build strong partnerships with both internal and external customers. We are seeking someone who is adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced retail environment.
location: Manhattan Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: THE ROLE (what you are accountable for)
- Oversee the processing of a biweekly, multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full time and part time employees
- Ensure all new hires and payroll related changes are properly accounted for within the payroll system
- Manage Payroll Specialist to ensure timesheets are processed thoroughly and timely through time and attendance software (Dayforce)
- Leadership role in designing, maintaining and managing payroll system to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws while also ensuring that system is meeting desired internal business needs
- Review and coordinate administration of garnishments, support payments, and other required withholdings
- Monitor and manage paid time off policies within the payroll system
- Review and circulate monthly and quarterly reports from payroll system as well as create ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist management in improving and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure efficient and accurate payroll department
- Be a resource to employees to provide them with an understanding of the payroll process as well as assisting with employee questions regarding pay
qualifications: REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- 5-8 years' experience with multi-state payroll
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of relevant federal and state wage and hour laws
- Supervisory experience with directing support staff
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills
skills: Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.