job summary: THE PURPOSE:
The purpose of the Sr. Accountant
role is to provide support in General Accounting. This position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of accounting principals, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely close.
location: Manhattan Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: THE ROLE
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Support the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Maintain fixed asset sub-system and related files: manage the financial reporting related to fixed assets and administering the fixed assets software.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly close.
- Manage the monthly sales commission generated by the ERP system.
- Maintain prepaid expenses and prepaid insurance accounts.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, fixed assets and credit card receivables.
- Manage the business personal property tax renditions/returns and related tax audit process as needed.
- Calculate use tax for out-of-state purchases and prepare quarterly use tax schedule and submission for inclusion in sales tax preparation.
- Support the sales and use tax process, including mitigating the exposures to audit findings and interfacing directly with state auditors.
- Supports budget forecasting activities.
- Ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Provide training to new and current staff as needed.
- Support the department with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Work closely with financial auditors to successfully achieve audited financial statements.
- Complete other projects and analysis as required.
qualifications: YOU ARE
- Intelligent: You understand the general accounting and record keeping processes. Knowledge of GAAP and use of high level judgment in all business activities.
- Critical: You take pride in your work, ensuring that all information is accurate and always paying close attention to detail.
- Versatile: You are able to adapt quickly to change; assisting with daily duties and providing help to the International Accounting Manager when needed.
- A Self Starter: You know your daily responsibilities and have no problem accomplishing them without needing to be told.
- Sufficient: You work hard and are always one step ahead.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 5-8 years experience.
- Experience in ERP System, Sage Fixed Assets software.
- Thorough knowledge of what constitutes a fixed asset vs. Expense, knowledge of inter-company transactions.
- Excellent Excel skills.
skills: Fixed Assets, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.