The Fixed Asset Senior Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to working closely with CAR Managers and monitoring capital projects to be placed into service, recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. In addition, the Fixed Asset Senior Accountant shall administer the quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley Certifications, and resolve ad-hoc requests
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 5+ years of professional accounting experience.
- Active CPA License
- 2+ years of Fixed Assets experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards software preferred
- Knowledge of Essbase a plus
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with a GPA greater than 3.0 CPA certification and/or an advanced degree is a plus
- Five or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP and general ledger accounting. Understanding of IFRS desired.
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word and computerized accounting systems.
- Prior SAP working experience a plus
skills: $2 billion+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.