Staff Accountant needed for very stable and growing distribution company located in Boca Raton. This company offers excellent benefits, true work/life balance and an opportunity for professional growth.
The qualified candidate will be supportive of the team and willing to actively participate with management to achieve company goals. In this role, the Staff Accountant is expected to understand the Company's competitive industry positioning and have a thorough understanding of accounting procedures and GAAP. Excellent organizational and time management skills are necessary to maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,000 - 62,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- General understanding of inventory accounting, reconciliation and standard concepts and practices in the field.
- Assist in closing process through financial review and ensure accuracy in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and control monthly close duties as assigned by manager.
- Review and analyze trends, costs, and financial commitments to enable future expense predictions.
- Assist in the investigation and correction of errors and inconsistencies of financial entries, documents and reports.
- Perform a variety of ad-hoc reporting, analysis and ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Familiar with SOX requirements and internal controls.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and methods in accordance with established department procedures.
- Capability to compile complex financial and other statements and/or schedules using basic data.
- Ability to work independently, analyze business needs and document the accounting and operational workflow.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of 4 years of accounting experience using sophisticated computer systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of a computer based general ledger accounting system.
skills: General Ledger, Journal Entries, Month-End Close, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.