Accounts Receivable Analyst
Our client is a large international specialty insurance company who is searching for an Accounts Receivable Analyst! This is an excellent position for someone looking for global experience and growth opportunities with competitive pay!
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Responsibility for ensuring that the accounts receivable function maintains premium debt at an acceptable level through allocation of cash.
- Responsibility for monitoring collection of outstanding debts owed to the company.
- Responsibility for production of all management information demonstrating the effective operation of accounts receivable including unallocated cash, debt levels, and operational performance against service standards.
- Responsibility for interface with brokers and underwriters to resolve ongoing accounts receivable queries.
- Responsibility for resolving and reconciling all accounts receivable related queries.
- Responsibility for ensuring that systems and procedures in relation to accounts receivable are appropriate for operational effectiveness.
- Responsibility for maintaining key relationships with brokers, underwriters, and UK counterparts to identify and implement enhanced procedures where necessary.
- Provide reports on accounts receivable performance and related issues as and when required.
- Ensure any audit recommendations are implemented and adhered to.
- Work with UK counterparts to ensure full transparency of US accounts receivable process.
Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Recommendation of improvements to the accounts receivable process.
- Coordination with underwriting teams to effectively manage broker relationships.
- Effective, independent, decision making and problem solving when dealing with brokers and accounts receivable issues.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A degree from a four year accredited institution.
- Three years of relevant work experience with a background in accounts receivable.
- Insurance or reinsurance experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with underwriters and brokers.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular an advanced level of MS Excel.
- Competent in managing own workload and working on own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is desired but not mandatory.
skills: Accounts Receivable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.