In this role as Director of Internal Audit, you will be based in Richmond, VA and report directly to the VP of Internal Audit.
You will have the primary responsibility of developing an internal audit strategy and building a team to execute effectively. Additionally, you will serve as a subject matter expert and business partner to internal leaders in developing best practices with regards to internal controls.
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $240,000 - 280,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Establish an internal audit function with initial emphasis on the Company's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX").
- Partner with the current third-party internal controls service provider to establish a SOX operating effectiveness testing program, evaluating control effectiveness and assessing/monitoring gaps and remediation efforts
- Drive Internal Audit's dynamic risk assessment and planning process; develop a risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance and financial risks, while considering emerging risks and changes to the business
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to align on expectations, provide updates on the ongoing activities of Internal Audit and provide perspectives on key business issues and emerging risks
- Report significant issues and opportunities for improvement related to the Company's business and IT processes and provide recommended actions
- Deliver clear and concise communication that identifies root cause analysis, provides actionable recommendations and adds value to management
- Coordinate with external auditors, business partners and Audit Committee to achieve above objectives
- 10+ years of Big Four experience including dealing with public traded companies - comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP; SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business
- Working knowledge of various IT systems
- Project management skills - effective consultation, interpersonal, prioritization of topics/issues and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the COSO internal controls framework.
skills: CPA, Audit - External, Financial Reporting - SEC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.