Senior Accountant GL
Our Senior Accountant assists in overseeing month-end close process, provide key analysis, and implement other key projects as instructed.
location: Santa Monica, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 37 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Ledger
o Assists in coordination of month end close
o Coordinates accounting for prepaid assets, accrued expenses/liabilities, monthly
amortization entries, and account reconciliations
o Manages daily bank activities, and weekly/monthly bank account reconciliations
o Creates and review journal entries as necessary to perform responsibilities
o Assists in corporate financial reporting objectives including yearly audit and tax filings
- Reporting Packages / Analysis / Other
o Prepares monthly account analysis and trial balance reports
o Assists in preparation of monthly financial reporting package
o Assists in the integration with parent company
o Other duties, ad hoc analysis and requests as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business with an Accounting and/or Finance focus
- 3 years of progressive accounting experience
- Entertainment and/or related work experience preferred
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must have the ability to complete all entries and duties timely to meet reporting deadlines.
- Must have the ability to provide work free of errors (highly accurate, without frequent revisions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Familiarity with Oracle (Bridge)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to write proficient emails to upper/mid management.
- Strong organization skills, including using task lists and project planning schedules
skills: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/P Review, A/R Review, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.