We are partnered with a successful Real Estate Developer and Builder in the South East United States, and they are looking for a talented and driven Project Accountant to join their winning team.
location: Delray Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Process journal entries, maintain, and reconcile the general and job cost ledgers in accordance to GAAP
- Oversee respective project cash accounts and cash position; address cash bank reconciliation issues
- Record real estate revenue and cost of sales and prepare checks for deposit by Cash Accountant
- Adhere to accounting deadlines for processing, reporting, funding, etc.
- Assist with financial audit preparation and requests
- Coordinate budget process for respective projects, upload into accounting system, and maintain budget file archives
- Produce periodic financial reports with variance explanations and supporting analytics
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Project Managers and operating division personnel to provide accounting guidance and support
- Oversee payables for respective projects processed through corporate AP and control timing of check disbursements
- Process annual real estate tax and tangible personal property tax filings and payments
- Oversee annual corporate registration filings
- Overseeing the bank loan funding process for financing facilities on respective projects by coordinating with Loan Accountant
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting form a 4 year University Program
- Have 2+ years of hands on staff level accounting experience
- Knowledge and skill to produce and maintain accurate deliverables, specifically financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, etc.
- Excellent skills in organization and analysis
- Ability to respond to and manage internal and external customers in a timely manner
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.