Our client is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. This role will play an integral part in our financial reporting process, policy development and planned NetSuite implementation. This individual will also have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and controls, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements. We are looking for someone with the ability to think strategically about processes and best practices, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you'll...
- Design, document and implement effective accounting policies and procedures following an impact assessment of ASC 606
- Partner with various teams to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business developments
- Own the cost of revenue recognition process which requires an understanding of supply chain relationships, billing methodology, and working closely with internal Operations teams to ensure US GAAP-compliant reporting and assessment of margin analysis on a monthly basis
- Manage the month-end close revenue and cost of revenue recognition procedures, as well as related balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses for monthly management reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company-wide initiatives, such as new product launches to ensure compliance of revenue recognition policies
- Support new system implementations and integrations
- As Lob continues to grow and scale, so will the function and responsibilities of this role. This role will have no direct-reports at this time
qualifications: For this role, we're looking for...
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA certification required
- 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably with Big 4 and industry/relevant financial reporting experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and to make actionable recommendations and to help build and refine processes.
- Ability to identify pertinent issues as they arise, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present this information to management
- Strong MS Excel skills with the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets, build reports, etc.
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, written, presentation)
- Experience with NetSuite and revenue automation tools is preferred
- Experience in SaaS revenue recognition is a plus
For immediate consideration, please send your updated resume to Michael Ahmadi at Michael.Ahmadi@randstadusa.com
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.