job summary: Tax Manager Location:
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master's Degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
- Review and sign off on federal and state tax returns for individuals, trusts, estates, non-profits, corporations, and partnerships
- Manage existing and build new client relationships
- Prepare internal memos, written tax guidance and IRS correspondence
- Provide tax planning guidance to internal wealth management team members and external clients
- Manage workflow, budgets and billings
- Evaluate and develop processes and procedures to improve tax department efficiency
- Minimum 3 years of public accounting experience with an extensive background in taxation
- CPA or JD required; Master's in taxation preferred
- Ability to manage multiple client engagement and projects
- Proficiency in or ability to adapt quickly to new tax software and research tools (i.e., CCH Axcess Tax, BNA Income Tax Planner, and CCH IntelliConnect)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Willingness and desire to be part of a team
If this sounds like something you are interested in being considered for please apply directly and one of our specialized Finance and Accounting permanent recruiters will reach out to your directly for a phone screen.
skills: TAX, CPA, tax audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.